Thursday, December 9, 2010

Tag 4

For the Day 4 tag, I had none of the materials Tim used. But, I did have great papers from Graphic 45.  I muted the bright colors of the background by applying a wash of Cream Golden Glaze. I also added a bit of shimmer with Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaz in All That Jazz (blue).  The oval is from Tim's Fragments collection. It is a clear acrylic tag that I colored with a couple different shades of blue Alcohol inks. Once it was dry, I stamped the snowflakes in black Archival Ink and gently patted/wiped the black ink off. If you visit Tim's blog, he gives a greater detailed instruction. You do need to work fairly quickly so that the ink does not dry. I found that I had to gently wipe to get the ink off to reveal the clear snowflake design. There is a learning curve, but do not get too frustrated. The acrylic is then mounted onto while card stock.

No comments: