Thursday, March 29, 2012

She...

Finally completed my art journal pages for the swap in which I am participating. I sort of had a vision of rainy days as a theme since we are experiencing our winter rains now. Since I just unpacked some new sprays, I thought now was as good a time as any to play. I did not give it much thought, and just started spraying, stenciling, painting the pages. I used a combination of Glimmer Mist, Smooch, and Dylusions. Love the Dylusions sprays - bright, transparent and reacts with water for some neat effects!
After the pages were dry, I went in with rubber stamps and inks and added some more texture and images. Finally, pulled out the images for the final layer.

It did not turn into the vague idea I had in my head. I actually like it better - and changed the theme somewhat. The page started with strips of old book and music book pages. I added some details with Faber Castel Pitt Big Brush markers. The word stamp is from Unity.

No comments: