Saturday, February 14, 2009

Stencils as Masks


I've been finishing up swap cards for an ATC swap I'm in. It calls for the use of masks, so I decided to use once of Club Scraps stencils (a favorite!) to make a mask and color the background.


I placed my stencil, a starburst design from the "Sparkle" kit, on a sheet of white glossy cardstock and rubbed Microglaze from Judikins in the open areas. I then repeated it all over the cardstock. The Microglaze will leave a raised design in the shape of the stencil. I sprayed the cardstock with a combination of Glimmer Mists. After the paint had dried, I scraped off the Microglaze - leaving the white starburst pattern. The first photo above is for the ATC swap. I had some backgrounds left over so I made the "Smile" card using Club Stamp's Retro stamps and "Simply Beautiful" cardstock.
I'll be posting the card in the Club Scrap Pro Scrapbooking League Galleria for my cardmaking team.

No comments: