Thursday, August 12, 2010

Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam and Glimmer Glaze


While at the Scrapbook Expo in Santa Clara, I sat at the Tattered Angels booth for a make and take. I have used their Glimmer Mists since they were released and like the sprays.  The make and take gave me an opportunity to use their newer products - Glimmer Glam and Glimmer Glaze.

Glam and Glaze are similar to the mists - mica infused water based colorants. Glam and Glaze are to be used as paints. Glaze has a paint brush top, while the Glam will need to be used with a paint brush of your own.  We used these to paint printed acetate  die cuts (also a Tattered Angels product). The Glimmer Glaze has more colorant than the Glimmer Glam. Think of the Glam as a dilute watercolor with larger pieces of mica.

I used a combination of Glaze and Glam on the automobile on the tag. I used the paints sparingly - think of stained glass. I also painted the reverse side, in the event that it would take a while to dry. The frame and the tag were colored with Glimmer Mists.  I decided to try a few other tests of the products - so that meant purchasing a few of each.  I will be demonstrating these 2 products over the next couple of blog posts.

No comments: