Sunday, December 13, 2009

I'm thinking


that November and December are difficult months to find time to blog! I do have Christmas shopping under control and the myriad of gifts to be shipped are almost gone.

I was in the process of wrapping for my crafting friends, when it occurred to me to do something creative as gift tags. I try to do something a little different for my friends - sometimes, it seems I've used all available techniques over the years.

This year, I brought out the alcohol inks, metal, and foil. Yep- aluminum foil wrapped over cardstock can be made into tags or card fronts! The above tag was made by wrapping foil around cardstock that was inserted into a snowflake embossing folder. I ran the folder through my Sizzix to emboss the pattern. I smeared a blue Staz On ink pad over the tag and added a few punched snowflakes. It turned out great and my recipient loved it!


No comments: