Sunday, February 14, 2010

Using Stencils

This week was the stencil challenge for Club Scrap's PSL. Stencils are great for accents and backgrounds in scrapbooking. I used the "Smile" stencil from Club Scrap's Retro kit. The layout was made from the Extra Extra kit from Club Scrap.
These 2 cards show 2 common usages - backgrounds and focal image. In the above card, I used a polka dot stencil as the background to the cup of coffee. The sentiment eas stamped on a tag made with my Sizzix die cut machine. This highly textured cardstock is from Club Scrap's Henna kit.

For this card, I used the stencil as my focal image. The cardstocks are from Club Scrap's Cruisin' kit - these are great vintage 60's colors. They stencil is from a kit called "Retro" - it all came together nicely. The cute little tag is from a new Stampin 'Up punch, as are the flowers on the tag.




No comments: