Sunday, December 5, 2010

Day 2 of Tim's Tags

I really liked the look of this tag - I think it would be a great Christmas card. Once again, I made several substitutions. I embossed the pine bough and the pine cone separately. I cut out the pine cone and used mounting tape. To achieve the glossy look of the pine cone, I embossed with clear embossing powder. While the image was still hot, I dipped it into the embossing powder and heated it again. This is an easy way to add a little more shine and dimension to embossed images.

The tag background has several layers, showing a lot of depth. I think that following along and making these tags is a great way to get comfortable with layering. Look through your stamps for design element images - they work wonderfully to add depth without adding a lot of bulk.

No comments: