Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tuesday's Tip

I have been making a lot of cards as a gift for my mom to use. A quick and easy background that I like to use is embossed panels. I have a bunch of folders from a variety of manufacturers. Every now and again, I cannot seem to find exactly what I am want/need for a particular design. Sooo...I die cut/punch out shapes out of cereal box (or plain cardboard - not too thick). Glue the shapes to a larger piece of cardboard in the size you would like. Once the glue is dry, place your card stock over the panel, create your "sandwich" and run through your Sizzix or Cuttlebug. You may need to use an embossing pad depending on your sandwich. Easy peasy!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Clever, clever, Connie!

Capescrapper said...

Connie, I love that. I wonder if you could do the same thing with grungeboard leftovers from the already die cut shapes packs? I saw someone using them for a stencil and what a great way to use the negative spaces as an embossing tool! Cool, may have to give this a try.