Saturday, July 30, 2011

Getting Back

I am trying to get back into the "swing of things" i.e. blogging. It is funny when you take a hiatus from something - blogging, working out, creating, etc - it is so difficult to get back into it? I know it is worse for me when it comes to blogging and working out! The good news is that I have been getting some creative time in.
With Summer PSL, I have been scrapping a bit more. I have some fun other projects on the back burner while I do a bit of scrapping and card making for my teams (although not a lot of that is being accomplished!). I did finish a fun Halloween page for my daughter's album. She was Micheal Jackson in her 7th grade year. They were allowed to dress up at school - it was quite the hoot. She was unrecognizable - so it did freak out a couple of teachers who thought she was absent - until they heard her voice announcing her presence!

I used one of the wonderful Halloween stamp sets from Artistic Outpost. One of my favorite, and very old, techniques is mixing ink colors on the stamp. I used India Ink Black and Adirondack Bright Orange on one of the Jack O' Lanterns and on the title. It is super easy. Ink you stamp with the lightest color, then add little touches of the darker color. It is not an exact science, so you can get slightly different effects each time:
It looks better in real life - adding depth to the title. (And, yes, I am scrapping photos from 2002 - I am that far behind!) Give it try - if you have not already!

No comments: