Thursday, February 16, 2012

Acrylic block Watercolors

I was playing with my watercolor crayons and acrylic blocks, making backgrounds. A simple and fun technique that takes no time at all. You can color on your block with the crayons, spray well with water, and stamp the block on paper.
For the above card, I colored in blocks on the acrylic block. I stamped the watercolors onto paper and allowed it to dry. Then, I trimmed and stamped to make the card. You can also color in a specific pattern to be used with a specific stamps.
I placed my block onto a rubber stamp and colored in the image.
I sprayed the acrylic with water and stamped it on paper:
Here is the completed card:

2 comments:

Capescrapper said...

Very clever technique Connie, LOVE IT!!

Connie Lutz said...

Thanks, Julie! Super quick and easy!