Monday, May 14, 2012

For the Boys...

When my daughter was in high school (both kids actually), I would find some quirky odds and ends for stocking stuffers and Easter baskets. One year, I found the bank pictured below for her basket:
Over time, we would jokingly refer to "adding to the therapy fund" as things came up. Apparently, two of her college friends thought we had a "real" therapy fund. It is actually pretty funny, given both boys have spent time around Megan and I and know we have a rather obtuse sense of humor. So, I get a text that the boys think it is a real fund. So, I ask her if they are jealous. I receive a text back that they want their own. I had 3 days before going to Boston and could not find a bank of any kind. I did find metal canisters and devised a way to make them into banks. Add a couple of old Rubber Baby stamps, a Ken Brown/American Art Stamp and some letters...

Hope they are happy...otherwise, I will need to add to the fund...

2 comments:

Capescrapper said...

Fun little idea Connie!

nancy y said...

too funny... you better put a few quarters in just to be safe ;-)