Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Bits and pieces...



The photo to the right is easily recognizable - Notre Dame de Paris. We
hung out in the court yard area - resting our feet and people watching.
Very interesting to people watch in a place visited by tourists from all over the world and locals. We did go inside...there was a service going on so we kept photos to a minimum. Always amazing to see the Rose stained glass window - just beautiful.





We booked a 1 day tour to visit Giverny and Versailles, with a stop for lunch between the two. Our first visit was to Giverny and Monet's estate. The house was much larger than I would have thought and very colorful. The interior color palette of greens, blues, and yellows was very pretty and restful. The gardens were amazing and just huge. The photo to the left is of the famous pond of waterlilies so often by painted by the artist. I was surprised to see how large the lilies were - it's difficult to tell in photos. Think of a Magnolia tree flower only larger!
The art room is looking pretty cluttered - especially since I've really outgrown the storage system. With Megan out of high school, I've decided to re-do the room and remove the "guest room" sofa bed. Next is designing a new system to have built or to "Ikea"-it. Sue and I will be venturing to Ikea on Tuesday to check things out...
Ah, and Summer Camp has started at Club Scrap. It's another PSL, this time around I'm only scrapping - no cardmaking! I'm hoping to get the Paris trip albums done and more pages done in my kids books! I'm an Adventurer in Cabin 3!







1 comment:

nancy y said...

love the water lilies!
It will be exciting to see the transformation of your art room too.