Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Podium Book Workshop






We had our monthly House Crop for the West Coast Scrap and Chat group to which I belong. It's always a great time to get some stuff done, and, most of all, visit with all the the wonderful ladies present!



This month, KJ, our House Crop Queen, requested the Podium Book workshop - a scrapbook project by Club Scrap. Instead of following the instructions to the letter, we did a little twist - as KJ had a Bind-It-All book binding machine and requested using is to bind the book. It was an easy change and looks better than all the individual wires sticking out. The photos above are of my sample - remade using my Bind-It-All. The pages are bound together and could actually be swapped out to a different set of coil bound pages. A handly feature for this display book especially if made as a gift for a grandparent or distant (as in geographically) relative.






Tonight, I'll be taking a monoprinting class with friends at ScrapLovers A Work of Heart in Willow Glen. I recently made a copper tree onto which to add ornaments. A picture of the tree will come soon - then I can finish the ornaments!

No comments: