Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tuesday's Tip

This past weekend, I took 2 Tim Holtz classes at the local scrapbook store. They were tons of fun (it had been awhile since I last saw Tim and Mario). They were project and technique classes. Although nothing was completely new, I did learn a couple neat tricks. Plus I was reminded of a few tips I had forgotten. 

In both classes, we used some Distress Stickles and Glossy Accents. The GA bottle I was to use was completely plugged - nothing was coming out. Thankfully, I had an awl to unclog it. We discussed how frustrating it can be to reach for glues, only to find that they are plugged. One tip Tim shared (and I read this a while ago): when you are done applying your glue, tap the bottom of the glue bottle down on the table when you set it down.  Do not slam it down on the table, just a firm tap and then re-cap the bottle. You have now helped the glue to settle back down into the bottle, clearing the tip. And, it should be clog free and ready to go for the next use!

No comments: