Tuesday, January 31, 2012

CHA in Anaheim

I just spent the past 2 days at CHA 2012 in Anaheim. Since it was my first show, it was a bit overwhelming! Of course, it did not help that I hurt my back getting ready to go Southern California for the show. I was walking pretty slowly! So what is out there:
- lots of new patterned paper coming out. Some of my favorites are from Graphic 45 and Pink Paislee.
- Graphic 45 ink pads in colors to match their collections (I think there were about 5 colors).
-Jolee's Boutique stickers will have a paper and embellishment line, French General.
- New Distres Watercolor markers, Tim stamps and dies.
- Tim Holtz eclipse cartridges.
-Ranger has picked up the UK's Dyllusions line of sprays and stamps. Crafter's Workshop will be manufacturing the stencils.
-Faber Castel will have boxed master sets of Gelato's and Fat Brush India Ink markers.
-e.k. Success has, what I think is one of the most innovative products, Stamping Gear.

I also saw a lot of canvas items - books, pre-cut flags, bags, and various embellishments. It was apparent that what was old was new again. Demonstrations at La Blanche stamps featured their stamps used with Ultra Thick Embossing powder and Versa Mark resist techniques.
For those die and stamp combination fans, Spellbinders has a line of dies that works with Heartfelt Creations Stamps. Inky Antics will also have some fun dies that work with their stamps.
My camera battery died on me, but I will have some photos up soon taken from my phone.

2 comments:

nancy y said...

Graphic 45 ink? Please, I don't need more ink LOL
How did those new T!m pens look? Good enough to purchase?

Connie Lutz said...

Personally, I don't think I will be buying them. They are Distress colors in a water based marker. You could use the ink pads/re-inkers with Fantasics for most of the usual techniques.