Friday, January 27, 2012

Mini Book Continued

Last week, I showed a mini book made from 12 x 12 card stock. The above photo is the completed project. The patterned paper on the front is cut to 2 3/4 x 2 3/4 inches. Before adhering the patterned paper to the front and the back, I glued down a ribbon closure. I stamped the snowflake frame on white card stock, cut it out and attached it with mounting tape, giving the cover some dimension.

The inside pages can be done a couple of ways. Since I wanted to use up some scraps of patterned paper, I cut each page individually to the same dimensions as the front cover piece. In the past, I have trimmed the pattern paper to span the center fold - approximately 2 3/4 x 5 1/2. I used a tree and snowflake punch to add embellishments.

I kept the design and embellishing fairly simple on this book as it will be a gift for a friend to use (possibly as a purse brag book). I also added a few title blocks on every other page. The card stock and pattern papers are by Stampin' Up.

No comments: