Friday, March 30, 2012

Alcohol Ink Agates

I had a bit of time to play, so I thought I would get out my long neglected alcohol inks and some glossy card stock. With Easter just around the corner, I thought I might pull out some Lights and Brights from the color selection. My first attempt was a little too dark, but I tried stamping on it anyway.

Not thrilled - but I will be able to cut it up or use it as a mat. (Hmmmm...maybe I could find an egg
punch!) Anyway, I still wanted the same colors, but just a bit more muted. This was my next attempt:


Of course, I could not resist stamping this cool rabbit. I shaded some of the rabbit with Faber Castel Fat Brush markers. It is difficult to see in the photo, but the markers colored over the alcohol inks quite nicely. This little guy will most likely end up as a card at some point!

No comments: