Thursday, April 9, 2009

Card Workshop

I held a card Workshop about a month ago (yeah, I know !) and I'm thinking I will have a similar workshop again in May. We played with the Club Scrap idea Deck for card making - I picked a card and we cut card stock according to the card's recipe. Everyone picked there own, different card stock colors - so we had a wide variation of finished colors combinations.

But we did not stop there! The main focal image was not stamped, but made with a stencil and a wonderful product by Judikins called Microglaze. Place stencil on cardstock and apply Microglaze to stencil openings. When you remove the stencil, the glaze creates a mask, resisting inks. Place the card stock in a child's spin art machine and turn it on. As it spins, drop Ranger Alcohol Inks onto card stock - one color at a time. You may also drop some Blending Solution to insure good coverage. When you have the desired look - turn off the machine and remove the card stock. Scrap off the Microglaze. I was hoping to show photos of this process, but I can't get them to load. I will try again soon.

No comments: