Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Alcohol Resists

I was playing around with various art medium techniques last week. I thought it was time to break out the alcohol inks, since it had been a while since I put them to use. The background panel on this card was the beneficiary. I clear heat embossed the swirl design on the white glossy cardstock. I then added 3 colors of alcohol ink to the panel. After allowing it to dry, I placed another piece of glossy white cardstock on top and ironed the pieces together. Then, I pulled them apart. The embossing was removed and transferred to the other piece - as was some of the color.
Here is another example of the technique. This is the "original" embossed and alcohol inked glossy white panel. I placed a second glossy white panel on top and used a hot kraft iron.

This was the "transfer" piece. I did add some Distress Ink in a similar color help the embossed image to stand out a bit. Quick and easy - and a little different twist on resist and alcohol ink techniques!


No comments: