Monday, March 8, 2010

Resist with a Twist

Here is my final resist technique to share. Instead of starting with white glossy cardstock, I brayered pastel dye ink colors all over the panel. Once the ink was dry (it did not take long), I stamped the image using Versamark ink pad. Make sure to get good ink coverage on the stamp.
Once the Versamark ink was dry, I brayered over the panel with Marvy Orchid dye ink. The lighter colors under the Versamark ink really pop out!

For this technique, it is important to use light colors as the first layer and a darker color on top. I tried a few darker colors as the first layer - not as effective and a bit muddy. All cardstock and stamps are from Club Scrap.

Give it a try and enjoy!

1 comment:

nancy y said...

great technique - and perfect stamp for it!