Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tuesday's Tip

Today's Tip requires a bit of explanation.
 I have been absent from posting for awhile - though I have not been idle!  Kids moving out and a bit of the flu had my attention. Everyone is settled and I am back to full health. 

I have also been purging and reorganizing my studio. After having moved in about a year ago, it was time to make some changes and (really) clean up.  I also was able to find a great product (courtesy of my friend, Diane) that has made all the difference in mobile and compact storage.

The top left photo is of  drawer units I had been using to store embellishments (brads, charms, buttons, etc). I was also using bead boxes.  I had 2 small drawer units as well as 9 bead boxes and I ran out of storage. My shelf was looking crowded and messy - plus, I would need to transfer embellishments to smaller containers to take to classes and crops. WELL - this was not really working.

The top right photo is of the Cropper Hopper Embellishment box. I LOVE THIS! I was able to condense all my (numerous) embellishments into a couple of cases. The bottom photo is of the open case (the mini boxes are sold separately).  This has made a huge difference in portability and space. 

BTW- I purchased my Embellishment cases at Beverly's Fabrics and Crafts - using a 40% off coupon.

No comments: