Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tuesday's Tip

A couple of days ago, I posted a "Thrinchie" which had a shrink plastic embellishment.  I tend to add dimension to my projects - cards, scrapbook pages, altered books, etc.  I feel it adds interest. I have used a lot of shrink plastic over the years. My favorite is Lucky Squirrel. Their product is very consist in how it shrinks. Plus, it has a good weight before shrinking, making it easy to stamp, color and cut with minimal possibility of tearing. My "tip" - always lightly sand both sides of the shrink plastic before you begin stamping. Sand horizontally and vertically, very lightly. It will give the plastic some "tooth" to hold inks or colored pencils. Most importantly, it will prevent the shrink plastic from sticking to itself when heated!

1 comment:

Erin Nagy said...

What a smart tip, Thanks!