Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Squirrely Challenge

This week's Squirrely Challenge is Technique Junkies Bohemian Layers. I used Club Scrap's Blossom kit for this card. The technique uses 3 shades of the same color ink applied with a brayer over heat embossed images.

I applied the inks in a circular pattern, rather than linear, with the lightest color in the center. To see other interpretations of this technique, visit the blogs of the other "Squirrel Girls":
Nancy , Jen, Chrissie, Diana, and Julie.

5 comments:

nancy y said...

I almost used Blossom last night! This turned out really pretty. Did you have a hard time with it? The first two I tried didn't look so great, so I set it all aside to go watch the Sharks. (shoulda kept working)

thanks for starting us off this week with a great card!

Connie Lutz said...

I think the next time I do a circular blend, I may use sponges to soften the edges. My first attempt completely wiped out the lighter color, so I was a bit more careful!

Capescrapper said...

This one came out really cool Connie!

Jen said...

Good job, Connie, I envy you for jumping right in and successfully finishing your challenge. I just spent a frustrating evening in a hot garage but I think I have something that I can make pass as the Bohemian background. Will assemble in the morning and hopefully post it soon. So good to have you join us squirrely gals.

Jen said...

I thought I posted but I think it went into the weird wide web....Great card. This technique is a difficult one. Mine is finally posted.