Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Pre-empted by Real Life

Wow - it has been quite awhile! Real life has pre-empted all else these days. However, both kids are back at college; class samples are in progress; Scramp Camp art retreat is well into the planning and purchasing stages; and car will be fixed up in September. I will be heading to Boston at the end of the month to move my daughter into her apartment (with her roommate and her family).  The car - well, I was rear-ended by a delivery truck on the freeway. Thankfully, it was not serious; although, I was sore for several days.

During this hiatus, I have been doing some planning. But, it is not the same as getting into the paints, stamps, inks, etc. When real life gets in the way, do you miss making art? I have a lot of projects lined up, so planning and sketching will help when I get to them.

I did get some mail art made and sent to friends (and completed the Summer PSL). A great starter for mail art (and can be used for greeting cards) is a purchased postcard. I stamped and cut out some images, and then added them to the post card.

This was sent to my friend Sherry in Indiana. I should be able to return to normal posting soon...

3 comments:

nancy y said...

love his "wings"!

Connie Lutz said...

Thanks- they are little parachute men from an Artistic Outpost set!

Capescrapper said...

So sorry to hear about your accident. Hope you are doing better. Have fun with all the excitement in the next few weeks :)