Saturday, May 29, 2010

Decorative Tapes

You may have seen gaffer tapes (7 Gypsies) and scrapbook companies decorative tapes. They are becoming a popular art element with crafters. One of the classes I took from Kelly Kilmer gave us the opportunity to use tapes in collage. In the above collage, the right edge leaves are a tape, as is the script and green vine image.
Tapes can be used with stamping (red dandelion images) for a unique look. I have used them for a quick envelope decoration and for borders on scrapbook pages and card fronts. Next time you are at your local scrapbook, art, or gift shop, take a look at the tapes. The possibilities are endless.

4 comments:

Capescrapper said...

Neat! Love the looks of those tapes. I have never had any. May have to give them a try.

nancy y said...

Great use of your tape! I need to try them more often, and the cute little bird in the first photo looks like one of my "friends" who hangs out in the back yard LOL

Sonja said...

Love the way you used the tape with for the bird branch! I have some rolls around -- need to break them out and use them!

Connie Lutz said...

Definitely - PLAY with the tapes! They are so fun!