Saturday, May 8, 2010

Stair Step Card

I have a group of friends that meet monthly to create. We all take turns hosting and teaching a technique or project. This month, we made stair step cards from a pattern that the hostess, Nancy Young (SquirrelyArt.blogspot .com) found. I made this graduation card from that pattern.
This is the view from the top. The beauty of this pattern is that you can pick which side you would like stair stepped. I like having the wider side to stamp my sentiment. The cardstocks are all Club Scrap - they are sturdy enough to hold the folds well. I used one of the new Tim Holtz/Sizzix die cuts to create the shield and and leaf wreath. The hats were cut from a larger stamp (Mostly Animals) and the "G" is from Stampin' Up.

1 comment:

nancy y said...

Great idea to use as a grad card - your new dies are PERFECT!