Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tuesday's Tip

I spent the weekend making cards and mini books. My primary adhesive of choice these days is my ATG gun. However, I still periodically grab a glue stick, particularly if I want some working time for placement. I did this recently and found the lid was not on tightly - so it dried out a bit. In the past, I would throw the glue away(even if it was a new glue stick). Ever have this happen?

This time, a tried a revitalizing technique of which I read. Take a cotton ball and dampen it - you do not want it soaking wet. Squeeze out any excess water if need be. Place the cotton on top of the glue and re cap the glue stick. I let mine sit overnight - it revitalized the glue stick.

1 comment:

Capescrapper said...

Terrific tip! I definitely have thrown away a few of those glue sticks. Not any more ;)