Thursday, January 13, 2011

Mini Book

Before heading to So California, I did get a quick project done.  After making a Club Scrap mini book project, I thought the concept would be easy to adapt to other sizes. I had a 12 Days of Christmas set stamped up and laying around, and thought why not try to make it into a book. The above photo is of one of the inside pages.  The base of the book and its pages are Club Scrap card stock. The pattern is from an older Cosmo Cricket Christmas set. The 12 Days postage is an old All Night Media stamp kit.
I used a few beads and number charms to embellish the linen thread. The chip board numbers were colored with Smooch ink. I then put a thick coat of Glossy Crackle Accents (Ranger) and smudged in some sepia paint in the cracks (it actually looks better in person - I would use this technique again!). Although I am not a 100% pleased with the outcome (I do not like the proportions and I would change up the page backgrounds) - I will display this book with my 12 Days... collection.