Thursday, March 17, 2011

Transparency Fun

I have had this unfinished journal page in the back of my mind to complete. During my art journal weekend, I made this page, using transparencies as hinged pages. They will open up to expose a base page. The hinges were made with tape.
Here is the page with 2 of the transparencies open. I snuck in a third one - with a shrink plastic martini in the lower right.

Here's the completed page. The background is from a magazine and the main image is cut from a "Housewife's" Tarot deck. I like the vibrancy of the colors - and it's just a fun little page. So, try a bit of transparency in your work.

3 comments:

Capescrapper said...

Wow, loving those transparencies! The teal is gorgeous! I don't work with them unless they are part of my kit. LOL!

nancy y said...

that is super cool!
they look like the ones we got at Hambly - very cool stuff!

Connie Lutz said...

They are from Hambly Studios! Hmm...Julie, you can use them for just about anything. I should run a series...Thanks for the idea!