Sunday, June 26, 2011

Smash Book Part 2

As I mentioned in the previous post, I decided to make my own version of the Smash Book by K&Co. I used materials I already had. After cutting the cover and pages, I added 4 divider pages (cut from Club Scrap card stock) and 4 pocket pages. I also stamped and punched out tabs for each divider.
I pulled out my Bind-It-All and a length of coil. After deciding on the number of holes/length of binding, I punched away. I had not realized how many pages I was cutting - so the book is quite thick! I  quickly decided to add a bit to the cover with decorative tape and rubber stamping. The above photo is of the closed, completed book.

When opened, you can see the divided sections and tabs. On the back cover, I attached ribbon to make a pen holder. The ribbon is attached with 2 small brads. To cover the backside of the brads, I made a vertical pocket for miscellaneous stuff. I think this is an easily translatable project. You can make journal, sketch books, appointment books etc. Many of you probably have the materials you need on hand.

2 comments:

nancy y said...

very clever! Surely I've got all the needed supplies...

Connie Lutz said...

You surely do!