Saturday, June 25, 2011

A Smash What?

Recently, someone in my West Coast Scrap group posted information and a video link to something called a "Smash Book". When I checked it out, it was a spiral bound journal with pre-decorated pages.  Seems it has become popular - with its own line of accessories. So...as a maker of books/journals, I thought it would be pretty easy to make one.
I took two 8 1/2  x 11 pieces of cardboard (the type that comes in packages of paper/card stock so that it can  not be bent) and cut them to a 4 1/2 x 6 inch size. Pretty easy and basically cheap!

I went through my stash of decorative papers and pulled out a few. I stayed with a fairly neutral color scheme, with minimal design. I figure I might want to throw it in my purse for ideas, journaling, etc. I also cut some Wausau card stock for plain pages.


Finally, I cut my pages to size. I stenciled a few of the white pages (using ink and Glimmer Mist).  This took me about an hour to decide on papers, decorate, and trim.

Stay tuned for the completed book.

No comments: