Thursday, June 16, 2011

Stains and Stencils

I have been enjoying playing with Distress Stains and stencils. In addition to the myriad of stencils from Club Scrap, I have quite a few from Crafter's Companion. At the end of June, I will be teaching this class at A Work of Heart. I thought that some of the Distress colors would work well with Club Scrap's Raku kit.

In addition to stencils, I lightly stamped a cluster of butterflies in the background. I added a punched greeting and a couple of die cut butterflies.


The number and clock stencil needed a little extra care in applying the stain. Some of the graphics have small cuts that would be easy to bend/break if you are heavy handed with the stain applicator. In the class, we will be making a 12 x 12 background that will be cut to make 6 cards (with some leftover pieces).

No comments: