Friday, February 25, 2011

And now for Something Completely Different...

I am taking a card and scrapping break this weekend, and participating in a series of art journal classes taught by my friend, Kelly Kilmer. She always has great classes, techniques and loads of information packed handouts. A fun little technique I learned is illustrated in the page (in progress) below:
The focal image on the above page is from a retro comic book (I think it was Millie the Model, or something similar). After cutting her out, I used a stencil and a Sakura Glaze pen for the yellow dots. Once it was dry, I colored with water soluble oil pastels, blending with a damp paper towel. The Glaze pen resisted the pastels for an interesting effect. Cool, huh?! (Thanks, Kelly!)

This next page also uses a couple of different materials that I had not combined before today.
The bird image was cut from a bird book. I added some sheet music for much of the background. There rest is tape (you know how I love tape!) and transparencies. I really like the combination together - particularly the clear background tape!

You could use both of these great ideas on cards and scrapbook pages. Something different can be quite fun.

1 comment:

nancy y said...

great pages - the glaze pen one is so vibrant it really pops! The tape is a pretty cool addition to the bird page too - I'll have to remember tape more often.