Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tuesday's Tip

Since I have been busy with Artist Trading Cards, I have been using a variety of coloring mediums. Even with owning a variety of paints, inks, and markers, I will still have a problem finding the exact color of which I need. So, I will mix my materials. I have used chalks/pastels over inks and markers etc. I recently read in Vamp Stamp News another possible combination to try. One stamper dotted water based marker into Radiant Pearls, and blended with a small paint brush. Just be sure to clean your brush marker immediately.

What combinations of  art mediums have you used? Share them in the comments!

4 comments:

nancy y said...

watercolor pencils with Radiant Pearls is a good mix. Color with the pencils then blend with RP.

Markers over colored pencils.

watercolor crayons & glimmer mists

Capescrapper said...

I have mixed perfect pearls with clear embossing powder to make a really shimmer look to heat embossing!

nancy y said...

you've been tagged with some Leibster Blog love.
Visit me to pick up your tag
http://squirrelyart.blogspot.com

Connie Lutz said...

Great ideas - thanks for sharing!