Sunday, February 20, 2011

Crackle and Grunge

Yes, I have finally been scrapping some photographs. Thank goodness for PSL - it gets me to put some time into scrapbooking photos for my kids albums. Since the challenge was to use art mediums on layouts and cards, I decided to play with some grunge cut outs and paints.
On this 2 page layout, I used grunge skull and crossbones (on left) and hearts on the right. The little skull and crossbones was painted with Glimmer Glaze (I am determined to use this stuff!). The hearts were painted with Distress Crackle paint in Aged Mahogany. I have been using both of these items quite a bit.
This is a closeup of the hearts. The thing about Distress Crackle - it is difficult to get a good photograph. The effect is always better in person. Just remember to put a fairly thick coat on your item.                      

Usually, I see Grunge board and Distress products on, well, distress style pages, cards, decorative items. I wanted to give you ideas that they can be used effectively in your average, minimalist type of scrap book page. They are fun to play with - both together and separately. Give it a try next time you scrap.

No comments: