Sunday, February 13, 2011

I finally scrapped some photos. My usual MO is to scrap during PSL. I started scrapbooking Christmas cards photos back in the 1990's. I felt guilty tossing them out, so I started saving them. When I started scrapbooking on a regular basis (well, sort of regular basis), I thought it would be fun to scrap the photos I received every holiday. I do very simple 8 1/2 x 11 layouts for this Holiday album. The above photo is of a 2 page layout for 2009. Most of the photos are of family - but I wanted to show you the 2 punched embellishments. On the left side page, there is a punched star. On the right is a punched scalloped circle. A close-up of the star is below.
The shapes were punched from Christmas cards. I go through the cards I receive, and punch a variety of shapes to use as an accent on pages and cards. Check out the cards you receive - there may be some wonderful possibilities for embellishment.

No comments: