Friday, June 15, 2012

Butterfly Booklet

I have had this sitting around unfinished since last October's Club Scrap Retreat. I was thinking of re-doing the envelope book and using different colors. Instead, I just decided to finish it as is (with minimal changes) and use it as a technique book for chalks.
This is the closed booklet. It is made from 5 x 7 envelopes. We used 3, but I like the look of 2 much better. Close your envelopes, then trim a little off the top to make openings. Fold the in half and glue back to front, with the opening at the top. The booklet will look like a "T". The third envelope was folded and glued at the meeting of the bottom of the "T". It folds in toward the spine area. It is awkward and does not open well, hence my preference for making it from 2 envelopes.
I left the 3rd envelope in place, but glued one side down so I had only one extra, decorated page. I put a pull out card with hand written instructions of  the chalk technique used on the butterfly below:
A finally completed project of techniques to go with my other little hand made technique books.

2 comments:

Hetty said...

This is absolutely beautiful, Connie!

Connie Lutz said...

Thanks, Hetty! Finally,it's done!