Monday, June 25, 2012

Tags and Art Abandonment

How funny that an idea that has been around for a while has suddenly become a hot topic. I have always heard of "Guerilla Art" - in which you make a random piece of art and leave it for someone to find. I have even discussed this idea with friends. Well, it took Michael De Meng to rally us all to action! 
On Saturday, I was at a crop with May Flaum, as part of her Camp Scrap on-line class. I brought some tags and ATCs to work on - as in transform into art to abandon. The four tags I made look like this:
I originally thought I would take these to Paris. I may still take a couple and make some thing else. I have a lot of appointments this week, so I will be bringing my art with me. If you are interested, there is a Facebook group :www.Facebook.com/groups/ArtAbandonment. Come by and read some of the commentary (open to all) - you may be tempted to join us!

2 comments:

Theresa Lee said...

Very cool idea! Your tag looks fabulous! I've been following the FB page and plan on doing some abandonment next week on vacation ;)

Connie Lutz said...

Thanks, Theresa Lee. I'm having lunch with a friend tomorrow - think I'll leave it at the restaurant or in the Ladies Room!